Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Is It Really August!?

I wrapped more cord for bowls.

Marcia's tumbling blocks, waiting for a border.

Marcia's Block of the Month.

Surprise!  Blocks from my Beginning Paper Piecing class!

Disappearing Nine Patch.

Nine Patch.

We had to put sew day on hold for a couple of weeks. First Marcia was out of town for a family reunion, and then I was out of town for a family party!  Funny thing is that we both went to the same lake!  But we were not there at the same time.  

Marcia worked on a block for a block of the month that a nearby shop is hosting.  It is going to be a very lovely quilt.  Black and white with an accent of deep purple.  She showed me a disappearing nine patch that she has in progress.  Looking through her cutting table, I found some blocks from a class that I taught at a retreat a couple of years ago!  They are just sample blocks to learn the technique.

Since I have finished the T-shirt quilt, I am trying to get some order in the studio.  So I brought a pile of strips (clearing stuff off the cutting table) and wrapped cord for two bowls.  I have a project with a deadline that I really need to get going on.  I can't show photos right now, but will later in the year.  Now to go back to the studio and get some more cleared off the cutting table!


1 comment:

  1. You are such a tease! I love Marsha's Tumbling Blocks. That has always been a favorite pattern of mine to look at but I have never made one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what you think about my post!