Monday, October 6, 2014

World Wide Blog hop


I was tagged by Jan to do a post for the world wide blog hop!

#1 What am I working on.  I am doing a piece for an upcoming book celebrating the 100th Anniversary of the National Parks. I cannot show my piece, but I was lucky to get a Utah park, Capitol Reef!



#2 How does my work differ from others in my genre.  Not sure that I am that unique. I do feel my work is a bit different then the local quilters here in rural Utah. Not a lot of art quilting going on here, but they are very supportive of my work.

#3 Why do I write/create what I do?  I started to blog shortly after moving to a very rural area. It was a way to reach out to the outside world.


My View


#4 How does my writing/creative process work?

My work has evolved over time. I now try to make a statement with my art quilts. Recently I blogged about my quilts in the Springville Show. I had the most wonderful comment on that post.

Saw your quilt Saturday, it was truly a highlight of an outstanding show. My wife and I both voted for it for the people's choice award!

Since my blog address was not posted anyway at the exhibit, it meant this gentleman went out of his way to find me to tell me how much my work meant to him and his wife! That is better than any ribbon I could have won at the show!


I am tagging my friend Nan. I have been enjoying getting to know her the last couple of years. She won a ribbon at Springville. Note the photograph below.
Quilt by Nan Sturgill

And I am also tagging my friend Sandra. I have known her for a lot of years through the quilt guild. She is a quilt appraiser living in one of my favorite places in Utah, Moab!
She has two blogs and a facebook page. 

https://www.facebook.com/TextileTimeTravels

I am also tagging my friend Lisa. We get into all kinds of trouble together! She helps me keep on track.
http://somethingcleveraboutnothing.blogspot.com/


This is my Design Wall Post for this week.

3 comments:

  1. I always enjoy these blog hop posts as it is lovely to learn a bit more about people. I love the photo of your view.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the most beautiful sunsets at your house! It has been so fun traveling along this artist journey with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the invite! Thanks for sharing my quilt! and I'm anxious to see what you come up with for Capitol Reef

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what you think about my post!