Friday, June 3, 2016

And the Summer Starts off with a Whimper

So many things going on this year and not a lot of sewing or creating art. We have our home up for sale, which means that stuff is stowed away and everything has to be tidy. Not my way of working in the sewing room! A court case involving the family cabin's subdivision and an unethical mayor/city council which has been dragging on for over two years now. And then to top it off my sweet puppy dog, Eddy, had to have surgery yesterday to remove a lump from his right hip. Poor little guy! And I believe that he blames me. I dropped him off telling him that the nice people at the vet clinic were going to take good care of him and then they knocked him out, cut him up and then put a cone of shame on him.  He cried the entire drive home. I need to keep a close eye on him today, make sure that he is healing.

The last blooming iris
I did get a bit of gardening done while Eddy was at the clinic. The last of the irises are blooming.  I did not get out there to take photographs of them this year. They did put on a good show!

Tomatoes
I am only planting a few tomato plants this year. The last couple of years I had an overabundance of them and couldn't keep up.  I planted two Romas and one cherry (not pictured). I hope that will be enough. 

Basil
I decided to plant the basil in a pot. That way if our house sells I can take it with me. I have a perennial herb garden, but basil needs to be replanted every year. I have hopes of dividing the perennials and putting some in pots so that I can start another herb garden at the new house.

Cherry
Three or four years ago we planted a cherry tree. It had a rough start the first year. But came back the next with some good branches. This year there were plenty of blossoms.  But there is only one cherry on the entire tree. I hope I get to share it with sweetie, around here the birds know exactly when the fruit is perfectly ripe, usually one day before I realize it.  The peach trees have a decent amount of fruit.  Hope to beat the birds to those as well.

Two years ago I participated in a summer photography scavenger hunt. It was fun! Last year I missed it, so decided to do it this summer. I will be posting my photographs to my photo blog. It started on the 1st. Still time to join in. If you are interested here is the link to the host of this event.

In my studio
I hope to spend some time in the studio today. I have this piece, started from leftovers, that has been vegging for a couple of weeks. I wanted to try and cut holes into the top, saw the technique on a blog a couple of months ago. I really wanted to try it out and with all the house stuff going on, this is as far as I got.

My off the wall and finished friday post for this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what you think about my post!