Friday, March 13, 2020

Hang Tight

Hunkering down at home. I was scheduled to go to Empty Spools Seminars at Asilomar State Park for a conference that was to start on Sunday. The event has been canceled. Asilomar has shut down to the public since it will be used as a quarantine location.  I am sad about not attending, but I do realize that it is for the best. I had not gone to Empty Spools in 6 years and it was going to be a big treat. 


A rainbow
 On Wednesday as the information was coming around, we had some rain. And got a lovely rainbow!

Wohin?
 I am participating in Sock Madness again. I had fun last year, making it through several rounds. I am working on the qualifying round and it is due Saturday. I think I can make it. Especially since I no longer have to pack up for a long drive.

Saving Red Knoll
I am also working on my Stretching Art piece. The theme this year is "Community".  And since I will not be away from home for 2 weeks, I should be able to get this finished and in the mail easily before the deadline.


Linking to:

Nicole

Judy

Cooking up Quilts

Beth

Sarah

Jen

Nina-Marie

4 comments:

  1. SEW sorry about your retreat, Sylvia!! What a lovely rainbow you captured. Best of luck with those crafting deadlines!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sylvia, I empathize with you on the cancellations -- I've had several, including the SAQA Conference in Toronto, a group exhibit in Prague (SAQA again) that I've a piece in, the local Art Show & Sale...and now all of our parish's church services through the end of March!! Time to knit socks, though -- I'm in the Socks from Stash group and need to get on it to finish my March Challenge socks, but the art quilts have called me this month. Happy quilting, stay safe and be well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your socks are looking fabulous! Ebay listings to free up space is something I've been procrastinating for MONTHS... I've got two machines to rehome and a bunch of decorator fabric remnants that have been clogging up the hallway. But it's so much fun to just walk past them to my studio and work on my quilts instead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bummer on having Empty Spools canceled. But our health is worth it in the end. But look at those cool socks you are knitting. Hope you get them made in time. Cleaning seems like the "thing" to do while we stay home but oh, look that pattern would look great with... Yea, I'm a raccoon -- easily distracted by pretty fabric, patterns, blogs... hope you are successful on your socks and your quilting goals.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what you think about my post!