Thursday, March 13, 2014

Retreating with Lisa

My friend Lisa and I are in Fountain Green at the Pie Plate Super Spring Retreat! Lisa taught a dyeing class this afternoon, she had a blast!
Lisa in action!
I taught my class "September" this evening. It was a lot of fun. The students got a lot accomplished. Everyone seemed to enjoy the class.

My work space
I had spent some time yesterday making up some sample blocks.  This is how my work space always looks after a bit of sewing. Home or away.

Sample block in progress


Attaching blocks demo
I love when each student brings a unique color scheme to work with in class. I had dug through my scrap bags and pulled out white, green and blue strips.

Trina's block
Trina used a jelly roll.

Tammy's block


Tammy used bright, colorful citrus colors. The multicolored polka dot fabric was her inspiration for the color scheme.

Pauline's blocks

Pauline used her collection of Hawaiian prints. I love the way she was able to highlight the old truck and the parrot!

This is my Off the Wall post for this week, check out Nina-Marie's blog to see what everyone else is up to.

My Craftsy class giveaway is still open, a winner will be drawn on the 21st, so check out this post to enter!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for letting me approve the photo first! ;) It looks like everyone had a great time in your class too! Love what they are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun to see the same block in a variety of fabrics.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what you think about my post!