Friday, September 5, 2014

Off my rocker Friday



3 hours, 9 minutes, 13 seconds

Close up of swimmer and sparkle

The monster
Last month my daughter swam the Bear Lake Monster Swim in July. She has wanted to swim across this lake since she started swimming competitively when she was a child. I am glad she got the chance to do it in an organized race with a full support crew. I decided to honor the occasion with a piece for the A4 challenge group.  The theme  is "Off to the Races".

I used a fancy pants netting to make the water sparkle (yes, the lake is that color!) I fused the swimmer, the support kayak,the monster and the finish arch.  At my daughter's request I added a green swim cap. I was not able to add the #13 (her bib number) to the cap, it is way too small. BTW, she was thrilled to get #13, that was her water polo number. It didn't quite turn out as I expected, but I am happy with it.

Below are the finish photographs of my daughter, Kimberly, completing the race.She had expected to swim it in 3 1/2 hours or so. She did a time of 3 hours, 9 minutes and 13 seconds! She placed 6th overall (men and women) in the unassisted solo category!

Photo by Josh Green

Photo by Josh Green

This is my off the wall post for the week, I am also linking to link a finish Friday.

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what you think about my post!