Saturday, July 2, 2016

What to do When your Daughter is Visiting

My eldest daughter married a Brit and is living in England. She came for a visit and to go to her High School Reunion. She spent the first week of her trip in Salt Lake, staying with our son and his wife. They did all kinds of the museums and swim lessons with their young sons. Then a birthday party for our 3 year old granddaughter at our other daughter and son-in-law's home. Then the visiting daughter and I went up to Bear Lake and the family cabin. I finished a pair of socks for the Tour De Sock and gave them to her. Project page here.

Vicky modeling her new socks
We also did the Limber pine trail hike. At the Reflection Bench, which overlooks the lake, ashes were scattered from my Mother and Brother. It is a place to go and remember two wonderful people who lost their battle with ALS. Both too young.
My Daughter and Me
Selfie at the bench.

Mom's initials
Every time I go to the bench I use the gravel from the path to write Mom's initials. I am sure that they were trampled soon after we left, when we got back to the parking lot it was full.
Peace sign
I also put a peace sign near the reflection sign. It is only slightly off the path, but no doubt also trampled. It is not a place that one would look down, so unlikely to be spotted. I just like to think I am putting the thought of peace out in the world.
Creepy looking tree
Early on the hike we saw this tree in the distance. It looked really creepy. Neither of us were game to go and check it out.


Cocoon
Later in the hike we spotted all these caterpillars forming a large cocoon. I am assuming that was what was going on in the previous photograph.


Indian Paintbrush
The wildflowers were prime!  Just a few of the many inspirational photographs I took on the hike.
Columbine



I believe this is a type of Primrose, but I didn't have my wildflower book with me. There were many other flowers, I didn't get good photographs of them.

My Personal Roofers
So how did you spend your vacation?  Helping Dad replace a shake roof with steel! We only got the shake stripped off the west side. Still a lot of work to do this weekend.
She worked hard!
Just a bit of the shake
My job was to be the ground support. They tossed this mess off the roof and I loaded it into a wheelbarrow and brought it over to the woodpile and stacked it.  I don't know where I am going to pile the other half of the shake.
Stacked for firewood

So the only finish was a pair of hand knit socks! But quality time with my daughter is priceless!

I am linking to Amanda Jean and Nina-Marie.

1 comment:

  1. how nice that you were able to spend time together! I bet you miss her. My daughter is in santa barbara with her husband for a few years and it's way way too far away for me living in PA!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what you think about my post!