Friday, May 10, 2019

Retreating


In March I went on a quilt retreat with my local quilt guild. They rent a large cabin just outside Zion National Park. It is a sew on your own project type event. Everyone takes turns cooking meals. It was wonderful!  I was able to get a lot done.

Folded points
I don't remember the name of this technique, but we learned it at a guild meeting and I was able to finish tacking the folds down. It will be a potholder. I liked the technique, not sure if I will use it much. I could see that it would make a nice flower.

Quilting
My main project was to quilt a wedding quilt for my cousin's daughter. Last year I did a post on my collection of unquilted tops. I sent her the link and this is the one she chose.

Quilting is finished!
And I was able to finish the quilting!  I did not bring the binding fabric along so I completed that at home. And as it sometimes happens, I did not take a photograph of the completely finished quilt.

Close up of quilting

Back up project
I then pulled out my strips and clothesline to work on a bowl. This guy is going to be big! I ran out of strips and need to find some more in that color scheme. It sorta has a color scheme.

Sewing area
The sewing area was in the main room. Big windows to showcase the beautiful view!  There was snow on the ground.
View



I decided to hold a giveaway for a book. This is a used book that has been passed around a couple of times. Has the name of two previous owners on it. It is a good book!  Mandala by Katie Pasquini, the 1983 version.



Sorry about the photographs being sideways, I will try to fix it later. To enter, just comment with your favorite spring flower.  Will draw a name on Thursday, May 16th, my son's birthday.

Linking to:



















8 comments:

  1. Nothing like a quilt retreat to boost productivity! SEW glad to see you made good progress, Sylvia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a great time at the retreat. Congrats on finishing your quilt. Thanks for linking up with Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have yet to go on a quilt retreat, but it always seems so rewarding! The time to quilt, rest and be with friends all sounds wonderful!
    Bekah
    PS My favorite spring flower is a Bleeding Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is always more fun to sew together, one is often more effective in such surroundings! What a wonderful quilt. I expect the recipient will be satisfied. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to your son. Looks like a fun productive retreat. Thanks for sharing with Moving it Forward.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on getting a UFO to the finish line. Feels good, doesn't it? And it's a beauty! Birthday wishes to your son!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That purple and green quilt is very pretty. Love all the colors in your clothesline bowl. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful choice of fabrics for the wedding quilt, I am sure they will love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what you think about my post!