Thursday, January 16, 2020

Finally feeling Human!


Sunset at the library

We started off the new year with a  visit from our daughter and 2 granddaughters (4 and 6). It was a wonderful visit! Except, sweetie and I both caught a horrible cold from the 4 year old. Finally feel like we are getting over the sickness.  Also, 4 year old left one of her "stuffies" behind.  A little kitty named "Sunset".  So to ease the situation we have been taking Sunset around town and sending the girls photographs of her adventures. Yesterday Sunset went to the library.

Knitmas scarf




I have only knit dishrags all autumn long. I saw a MKAL (mystery knit along) on Ravelry and decided to go for it. It is called Twelve Days of Knitmas. One clue each day for 12 days starting on December 26th. I didn't finish in the 12 days, more like 18. But it was fun to knit something other than dishrags.

Courthouse Steps
In November I tested a new class at my local guild. Courthouse Steps. I am still working on getting the pattern tidied up. I had a bunch of cut strips to show how to sew the blocks together leftover from class. I finally got all of them sewn and here is the batch of blocks. Right now I haven't decided on a setting. I am going to quilt as you go each block, trying out different designs.  I have a couple of other design options for this pattern, I will show them soon.



Linking up with:

Nicole

Beth

Nina-Marie

Birdie

Sarah


4 comments:

  1. Nice colour combo of the blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is going to look amazing with all of those bold blocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors in your courthouse step quilt! It's going to be gorgeous when finished!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your quilt! The colors and design are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what you think about my post!