Monday, July 6, 2020

July heat wave

I am trying to finish a collaboration piece. The Heart is what I received, I quilted it. I plan on slashing it and adding the brown piece between the slashes. Stayed tuned, I hope to show it completed next week. Just getting my nerve up to do the slashing.






Baby hat and mini mitts
My friend's daughter is expecting a baby girl, due in the next couple of weeks. I send baby hats for the new babies. Lately I have also been including mitten ornaments.  They are simple knits and use up the last bits of sock yarns. Pattern is here. 

Sample fibers

A finished yarn!
These last couple of weeks I have been spinning for the Tour de Fleece event. I bought a spinning wheel two years ago. I spun a bit the first summer and then only every great once in a while. Then I had some issues, I needed to buy a new drive band and it took longer than I thought it would to arrive. And the wheel needed some adjustments.  I did a small, practice spin the end of May. Yesterday I plied it an got a finished yarn. Might be enough for a hat. My dear friend, Karen, got me hooked into spinning. We used to knit together and drink coffee. I moved 3-1/2 years ago and she just moved to Washington state. I have missed our get togethers. I was able to go up to see her last year and have a spin lesson. Of course, since I didn't practice, it did not take. Karen has also gotten into weaving.  Her yarns are beautiful and her cotton towels are wonderful!  You can see her stuff here

I have noticed an improvement on my spinning since I have been practicing almost every day. Karen had given me a large box of fiber when I got my wheel. A lot of it was samples that she had and didn't want, along with some other treats. I also have bought a few braids on my own. I have enough fiber to keep me busy for a while.

Canoeing on Jackson Flats Lake
And here is my pretty photograph for the week. Sweetie and I took the canoe over to the little lake nearby. We went early, so very few people out there. It was calm and peaceful. And bonus! Sweetie caught 3 fish!




Linking to:

Sarah

Nina-Marie

Tish

Nicole

Beth

Cooking up Quilts

Judy


1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what you think about my post!