Friday, July 17, 2020

Sisters

 The Stitching Post canceled their outdoor show for this year. It was the right thing to do. Even though the show is outdoors, so many people attend that it would be impossible to safely social distance.  Valori put out the call on FB for quilters to take a photograph of a quilt outdoors and post it. I got a bit carried away. I was trying to figure out where to hang a quilt for a photo op and thought of my fence facing the street. I realized I could make a mini show so I filled my fence with quilts!  I left them up all day.
My filled fence

Me with the hashtag sign.

Slash preview
 Last time I talked about a collaboration piece I had been working on. I used the two quilted pieces to make the finished piece. I thought about hearts being broken and shattered.

In progress

Love

This is the finished quilt. It is 15 inches square. I had trouble with the brown lightening bolt being secure so I added the bias tape and I think it worked even better in highlighting the slash. It went off in the mail to the coordinator. It was nice to get something finished.





I have still been spinning every day for  Tour De Fleece. These two skeins are the results from spinning sample bits.

Pretty Clouds yesterday
And my pretty photograph for the post.


Linking to:








4 comments:

  1. Fabulous! I love everything you posted about. Your outdoor gallery, so clever! The heart piece is great. Your skeins are so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful, that you put up your own outdoor quilt show for your neighbors to enjoy! I love your shattered heart piece, and that yarn is absolutely fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sylvia, your quilts hanging off of your fence looks great. I've been trying to figure out how to piece a shattered anything - I love what you did with the heart. Thanks so much for the inspiration. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE that you chose to put up a whole string of quilts for the outdoor show!! Your challenge piece intrigues me. I'm interested in your reasoning behind choosing to quilt the heart before slashing. Was it simply to emphasize the fact that it was a collaboration? Inquiring minds want to know. Congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what you think about my post!