Friday, April 1, 2022

Two Boys

The end of January we had some wonderful news! Two boys, born two days apart on two different sides of the family! Some much needed good news in times like these. I didn't get the baby quilts finished in time to send off before their arrivals.  But I did finally get them in the mail on Monday. I used fabrics from a specific line from a few years ago. 


Granddaughter's quilt

In 2016 I made a quilt for our then new granddaughter!  Above is a photograph of her quilt as it is now. Here is a blog post of when I made the quilt. It seems to have held up wonderfully over the last 6 years. She was born on my father's 84th birthday! His best birthday gift ever! Another Great Grandchild. 


The leftover pile


Since the two boys don't live in the same part of the country, I figured it was okay to make similar quilts using the leftovers of my granddaughter's quilt.  I had really bought a lot of that collection. I believe I used the yellow for the backing on her quilt.  There was enough fabric to make both quilts, including the backing and binding.
My pattern

Yes I have Electric Quilt. And yes I do use it. Sometimes. I was going simple squares for these two quilts, so my drawing was a quick sketch on a piece of scrap paper to do a quick calculation on how many squares I needed for each quilt.


Green

Since I had used mostly the yellow on my granddaughter's quilt there was a lot more of the other coordinates available. I don't remember exactly why, but I had an extra chunk of the lime green.

Teal

I did not use the teal on the first quilt. But I do like how it looks with the focus print. It is a very cute print. And even though it is from 6 years ago, I still think it makes a good baby gift. 

Green finished

Quilting 

Teal finished

Quilting

 I quilted these myself. I sewed two wavy lines through each square. I then crossed them. Simple wiggle quilting that makes a fun design.


It really felt good to get 2 projects finished!  Even though they were very simple, quick sews.

Oh, and one other coincidence.  One boy was born on the date the day before my granddaughter's birthdate and the other on the day after! So we have 3 birthdays in a row!

Sunrise

 Our house faces east. We have wonderful sunrises.  Peace.

Linking to:







5 comments:

  1. Aww, two new babies in the family--what great news!!! And great quilts, too! That print is as fresh today as it was 6 years ago! Love the different color backgrounds--clever variation! Thanks for linking up with TGIFF!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun that the baby quilts are link through the fabric! I am sure they will be loved as much as the first one :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh !! how fun!! and a whole birthday streak!! What fun!
    These quilts are adorable - and they will be so loved!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your new family baby boys! I love that animal print fabric and I think it’s great you were able to get two more quilts out of it. It looks very different depending on which color solid print you pair with the animal fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great baby quilts - and using fabrics from your stash too! Double fun. The baby quilts came out great, and will be much loved. Thanks for linking up with our Design Wall Mondays Linky Party. Hugs, Judy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what you think about my post!