Friday, May 15, 2020

Mid May



Red Knoll Scraps
 I have a ton of projects I could be working on, so instead I started to play with the scraps from making "Saving Red Knoll". These are parts that I have so far. Still a pile of strips and what not on the cutting mat. Stay tuned, hopefully next week there will be a top.

Plan B
Still working on my Plan B socks. I don't knit my socks two at a time but decided to do so this time. I had 2 balls of yarn and just wasn't in the mood to work on the heel so cast on the second sock. I love how the yarn is striping.

Zion
We did a drive this week. Drove the road through Zion National Park. As it was not open yet (just the road, Highway 9) we obeyed the rules and did not stop or park while driving through. I shot this as we were driving. The park opened the next day with limited services. I hope people won't go nuts. We have had some problems with visitors to the local state parks the last few weeks. No social distancing, destruction of petroglyphs, and there was an incident where the crowd would not step aside to let first responders through to help an injured woman.  With limited staff and a lot of the amenities still closed, people have been acting like idiots. I hope that it will calm down.



Linking to:

Nicole

Judy

Cooking Up Quilts

Beth

Sarah

Madame

Nina-Marie

3 comments:

  1. (I've heard) Sometimes you just need to play in the fabric scrap. Hope you are having SEW much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see a lot of possibilities in those scraps. I look forward to seeing what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your socks so far they are so colorful and it is great knitting socks two at a time! I still haven't tried that but great to avoid second sock syndrome. Zion National park is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what you think about my post!