Monday, December 21, 2020

Can't wait for the end of this year

I really can't wait for this year to be over. I know, things will not be back to normal come January 1, 2021.  But this month has been a fittingly crappy end to a crappy year. Our sweet puppy dog Eddy had surgery 2 weeks ago to remove a large tumor. The vet feels that they got everything out and the surrounding tissue was clean. But the incision was huge. He went in this morning to get the stitches out.  The wound reopened soon after and he is back to the vet's office to get sewn up again. Poor guy. And I got squeezed in to see the dentist this morning. I get to go in on Weds afternoon for a root canal. Wahoo. (sarcastic remark)

Binding is finished!
And the wedding quilt is on its way to the happy couple!  I did wash the quilt and it was magic. I did stitch down the pleat on the backing. The backing is so busy you can't even see the seams of the 3 sections, so I think this fix is going to be fine.




Clue 9
I am getting caught up on my Mystery Christmas sock. I don't have a more up to date photograph, but I am up to clue #18. I hope to get caught up tonight. I have been knitting several clues each day. There are 24 total, it is an Advent mystery.  I had hoped to start the second sock when caught up, but it will probably not happen until the first sock is completed.


 


I wound off two more yarns from the bobbins! The blue is actually a mix of blues and purples, just a poor photograph. And the green has some blues mixed in. Blue is chain plied and green is 2 ply. I still need to set the spin and let it fluff.  My spinning Yoda sent me a box of fiber and I am excited to get the next yarn started. BTW, Yoda is my friend Karen and she has a little online yarn shop named Gift of Grace. Her yarns are so beautiful and well spun. I don't know if I will ever get past rustic, but I am enjoying the process. 


Christmas Cactus


And my pretty photograph for this post. I have several Christmas Cactus plants. This has a lovely bright pink with white blossoms. I have a pale pink one as well, it is past blooming. And a coral colored blooms that is not quite open yet.

I hope you all have a nice holiday season celebrating the events that are important to you and your family. Please be safe.  Best wishes for a happy, healthy, safe New Year!



Linking to:







3 comments:

  1. The wedding quilt is beautiful, lovely binding. Sorry about your bad last month, I hope January will be better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea for a finished quilt! I sure hope it arrives at its destination in a reasonable time. Is a month reasonable? My Christmas Cactus is still blooming after starting in November. Hum, I wonder if I went a little overboard on the fertilizer? The new yarns are beautiful. Are they for socks too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew the pleat would "disappear" in the wash! Root canals and puppy tumors are a HORRIBLE way to celebrate Christmas. I wish you all kind of healing and happiness in the new year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what you think about my post!