Friday, May 14, 2021

Slacker or not?

Since I have not posted in a few months, I am slacking on that front.  But since I have gotten my sewing mojo back and have gotten a lot of things completed, I am not slacking on that front!



Log Cabin

This is a long time UFO. I made the top way back in about 2003 or 2004. It was a class sample for a Log Cabin of the Month class. two years ago I had told my daughter that I would finish it for her log cabin in Idaho.  Since her birthday was in March, I made the effort to finish it in time for that event.

Finished!
I wish I had a better photograph of the finished quilt.  I just quilted crossing wavy lines. I did a scrappy blue binding.  She loves it!
 

Yarn!

I have also been spinning a lot of yarn. This one I spun for a friends birthday. It is chain plied and the colors are actually brighter than the photograph.


Red Rock Arch
For my pretty photograph I am in front of this arch which is only 15 miles away from home. And a very short walk from the highway on the way to Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park.



Linking to:




3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your beautiful UFO finish!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back I have missed your posts Beautiful finish on the log cabin quilt always good to finish those old projects

    ReplyDelete
  3. Log Cabin never fails to produce a pretty quilt. I'm sure your daughter was thrilled. Great pic with the arch.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what you think about my post!