Thursday, March 17, 2016

Pie Plating!



Last week I attended the Pie Plate Patterns Super Spring Retreat! It was a great time! My friends, Lisa and Helen, came down from Salt Lake for the event.

Lisa, me and Helen
We parked ourselves up in the mezzanine for open sew time. You can look down and check out what everyone else is up to!


Helen and Misty
We tucked Misty into a corner for "time out". We had set up a cutting station. Helen cut strips for everyone for Strip Poker on Friday night.


Lisa
Lisa worked on a quilt for her new grandson who is due in the summer. In the background you can see Helen's heart blocks. She was auditioning a layout.



My quilts
I hung some of my class samples over the railings. My classes went well! I love teaching EZ Crazy! There are so many possibilities with color schemes and layouts. Behind the blue quilt is where Misty was in time out.


Gift Bag
Wine!
A few years ago I had taught my Dice and Splice Flag Quilt class at the Quilt Walk festival. It is a quilt as you go project that uses zigzag stitching to join the blocks. I walked into the class and saw that all but one of the students had featherweight machines in front of them. I was shocked! Did no one read the supply list? The ringleader, Michelle, explained that they did not want to bring their heavy machines to the festival. We were able to work out a method for them to make the quilt. The next morning Michelle ran into my roommate, Sandy.  Michelle asked her if I was ok. Sandy replied that I had a very trying class the day before and it took me two glasses of wine to get over it! Michelle and her posse were coming to the Super Spring retreat this year. And when she saw that I was scheduled to teach the Flag quilt class, she decided to bring me a bottle of wine in case I had another batch of hooligans in my class this time!


Hurry! We are in a race!
The Dream Team!
Bonnie and Brenda offered a special surprise Friday afternoon activity. It was a Treasure Hunt using a smart phone app!  Lisa was our ringleader and we went all over Fountain Green and Moroni finding clues and answering questions! We had troubles checking in at the locations, so I think we could have won, but we came in third. It was FUN!  I hope that they will do it again next year.


This is my Off the wall and Finish up Friday post for this week.


2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a great time....strip poker?....now that sounds interesting...would love to know more

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what you think about my post!