Friday, April 21, 2017

Thread Heaven

Last week I was in St. George, UT for the Dixie guild's "Gems of the Desert" quilt show. It was fabulous!  I was also teaching and had two wonderful classes of students. But I didn't get any photographs!  LOL Sometimes you are so busy teaching that it is difficult to remember to pull out the camera. I did get a few photographs at the quilt show, but I did not get the info for each quilt and per the show rules I am not allowed to post the photographs without the proper acknowledgement. I guess you will just have to believe me, it was a good show! The guild has photographs up on their site of the prize winning quilts, check it out here.

After lunch with a friend we headed over to Superior threads.  Can you say "Kid in a Candy Shop"!

Superior Threads warehouse

The rows stretch out forever!

And ever!

So many colors
I had never been there before! You can shop through the warehouse for your thread! I did ask permission to take photographs and to be able to post to my blog. They also have a fabric shop on the upper floor. I did not get photographs from that, but I did buy a couple of batiks. The one is a beautiful blue and really wanted to come home with me. I just couldn't disappoint that guy.

40 miles from home
We did a "big" city run to Page,AZ the other day. On the way home we turned off on a dirt road just to see where it went. It dead ended after a few miles with a campground and some hiking trail heads. I just love the rock formations in this part of the country!

8 comments:

  1. Love the inspiration from the quilt show! And the scenery and rocks so beautiful! That is so different from the Midwest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks brilliant - how could you stop at a few rolls of thread surrounded by all that choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I spy King Tut! My favorite thread so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun to see the Superior Threads warehouse. And, who knew they also sold fabrics. Sounds like you had a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Imagine a whole warehouse of thread! I can't. But there it is. Amazing and how lucky for you to visit it. Sounds like you are a busy girl. Happy stitching with that thread!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful experience! Thanks for sharing it with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a lot of fun. I do love Superior Threads. Glad my parents live down that way so I can visit them and make a trip to Superior.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what you think about my post!