Monday, April 2, 2018

April

I finished 2 quilts in March! I can only show one of them at this time. Stay tuned for the other one at a later date. This is my Skittles quilt. I quilted it at a retreat put on by my local guild. Used a walking foot and one of my standard designs. I am happy with the way the quilting turned out.



Close up

Quilt before trimming

Faux quarter inch quilting
Glamor shot

I used a flannel print for the borders, binding and backing. It should be a very cozy lap quilt! Eddy approves!

Yarn Barf
I knit the qualifying round of Sock Madness. I was having yarn barf issues. I think that there was more yarn that barfed than was left in the skein.
New technique
I learned a new stitch technique. It involved several rows with 2 colors and slip stitches.
Done!
I was just a few hours short of making it to the next round. But since I was close to finishing the qualifying round pattern, I am a cheerleader and will get to knit the other patterns for fun. My project page Here.


Jo


Judy

Beth

Nicole

Julie

12 comments:

  1. Oh, your quilt sounds so cozy with all the flannel you used! And it's so pretty with all those colorful hexies. Ha! I've never heard the term 'yarn barf' but I'm glad to finally have a name for what happens to my yarn too! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hexi quilt is beautiful, and will be so warm with all the flannel. Thank for linking with Design Wall Mondays, I like to see your projects. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What do you mean by "faux" quarter inch quilting? Whatever you did, it looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is beautiful, such cheerful colours. Love the yarn barf term, I am in awe of anyone who can knit socks. Thanks for linking to Sew, Stitch, Snap, SHARE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow!!
    your quilt looks amazing and so do the socks!

    thanks so much for linking up!
    brooke@sillymamaquilts.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning hexie quilt--very lovely hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous finish, thanks for linking it up to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The quilt is stellar! I adore the colors and the flannel is an extra plus!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely quilt! That walking foot is magic, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your quilt is so pretty! Lovely job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that speckly yarn! And the colors in your skittles quilt are super fun. Nice finish. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what you think about my post!