Friday, February 28, 2014

Kanab Off the Wall


I have been in Kanab, Utah all week with some friends.  We rented a condo and have been having a quilting retreat!  It has been fun!  Lots of good food, wine and fun with friends!  I brought along a big tub full of stuff to work on. I have been trying to finish up UFO's for 2014.  I was able to get a lot done on two projects (it is always good to have back up projects in case)
Blocks won at the local guild a few years ago
I finished the top!
Blocks for a new pattern, Amy
I pulled out a couple of projects, laid them out, got a plan and then they went back into the tub.  I did get a batch of blocks completed for a new pattern.  I have all the parts cut and ready to sash and border.  But I ran out of time, we leave in a couple of hours. So I will finish it at home.

Sandy's first finish

Sandy's Light and Dark star quilt


Sandy really got a lot done.  She sashed and bordered two sets of blocks.

Helen's tractor quilt
Helen's blossom blocks
Helen finished the wheels on her tractor quilt and then got the blocks sewn together.  She then started making blossom blocks.

Lisa's quilt
Lisa got a binding finished.  And she also got a batch of blocks completed for an upcoming class.  I didn't get a photograph before they were packed up.  And Nancy got two tops finished and I didn't get any photographs of her projects.

Gorgeous Coral Cliffs!

I love cactus!
At the end of the road
We are going to do this again next year!  What a fun time with good friends!

This is my Of the Wall post for this week, check out Nina-Marie's blog to see what everyone else is up to!

I am also linked to Whoop, whoop.



3 comments:

  1. Wow ya'll got lots accomplished, love them all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of beautiful projects! Great job! Glad you were able to have some fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sylvia

    What a wonderful collection of quilts - it must be such fun seeing each other's projects come together. And gorgeous landscape photos... a bit of a contrast with what I am used to seeing. You will see what I mean if you visit my blog and see the picture I posted today.

    Love from England,
    Muv

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what you think about my post!