Friday, September 18, 2015

Quilt Fest in Layton


The Purple Twin quilt
I was able to get the second twin quilt finished before leaving for Quilt Fest in Layton (about a 3 hour drive from my house) For some reason the purples photograph as more of a blue than purple. Check out the Pink Twin Quilt in last week's post.


From last year's class

Good girl Brenda!
It is so rewarding to see quilts in the show from a class that you taught in previous years. First up on the agenda, Brenda Sommers entered a quilt that she started in a class I taught last year. It is so wonderful when a student names you as the teacher of the class, not just saying that it was from a class. Well done Brenda! It is a wonderful quilt!

This evening I helped hold quilts for a friend's lecture on scrap quilts. What a wonderful surprise to hold up another of Brenda's quilts that she made in another class of mine that she took a few years ago! Always a thrill!

Florence and her Sheltering on the Forest Floor


One of my best friends, Florence, entered her Mushroom quilt into the show. She won a Judge's Choice ribbon!


Shirley Olson's quilt

Another thrill (this has been a thrilling fest for me) I taught a "Choose your own adventure Mystery quilt class to a group in Utah County about 5 years ago.  Since then several of the quilts that came out of that class have won ribbons at Quilt Fest and at the Springville shows. And this year Shirley Olsen also won a ribbon!  And as another bonus, one of the quilts that I helped hold in the scrappy lecture was from this class!

Classic quilter's camp gear
This year's Quilt Fest theme is "Quilt Camp". I love it!  They had a Jamboree last night and a good turn out of outfits. This gal really packed well for the camp theme!

Bark


I love quilt "jewelry"!
And then another thrill, I won a ribbon! I have only won once before at this show, 12 years ago. So I was amazed when my friend let me know that my name was announced at the luncheon!  "Bark" is a piece that I made for a Quiltart challenge earlier this year. It won second place in the Art/Innovative category.

This is my Off the Wall post for this week. And since I also finished a quilt, I am linking to Finished Friday.






1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry I missed so much of Quiltfest this year. I am really happy that Keeonna and I made it to the quilt show though. So many beautiful quilts there! Congratulations on the win!!! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what you think about my post!