Friday, May 5, 2017

National Cornbread Festival

I was very excited to find out that the Inspired by the National Parks were going to be at the Cornbread Festival in South Pittsburgh, Tennessee just at the same time we were visiting family nearby!
Capital Reef
I was thrilled to see my "Capital Reef" landscape quilt in the exhibit! This is the first time I was able to see the quilts in person.
Me!
It was a very hot day and I was very wilted by the time we found the quilt exhibit. So I am quite bedraggled in the photograph. It was fun to listen to the people going through the exhibit. So many wonderful comments!

Mississippi River
On our way to Tennessee we had crossed the Mississippi River! I had never seen it before! This photograph was taken on the Arkansas side at the confluence of the St. Francis river and the Mississippi. So impressive!

Wild Flower
I don't know the name of this flower, it was at our campsite in Arkansas. I need to get a wildflower book for the eastern USA. I have one for the west.

In process
South Pittsburgh, Tennessee is the home of the Lodge plant. They had a self guided tour open to the public in conjunction with the Cornbread Festival. Very cool!

Lady Liberty
There was a table set up with a display of special edition skillets. This one really caught my eye. I love the image of the Statue of Liberty.

I am linking to Nina-Marie, Amanda Jean, Sarah, Myra Judy Beth Emily


3 comments:

  1. your quilt is awesome, and it is so cool you got to see it being showed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful to have your quilt included in the exhibit. Did you buy Lady Liberty?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool to be able to see the exhibit in person. Sounds like you are having a fun trip.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what you think about my post!