Friday, September 14, 2018

Wedding Quilt is Finished!




I am happy to report that the wedding quilt was finished on time!
Me showing off the quilt at guild.

Another view

Peaceful rowing

View from the rowboat

I was able to get the binding on and brought it along to our trip to the lake. I spent one afternoon tacking it down. Bonus! When digging through my fabric stash I found the exact fabric I had used for the flying geese border that was perfect for the binding.

We came home for about 5 days and then headed to California for the wedding. We took two days to drive there, Mountain View, CA. Stopped in Bakersfield on day one. All of Sweetie's brothers came to the wedding. Our niece, Sam, is the daughter of the youngest brother.

Thursday night was a casual family dinner at the couples house. It was nice to meet the other bride, Kristi, and her family. Unfortunately, Sam's father and step-mom's flight had issues over Dallas and they had to be rerouted finally arriving 2:30am at a different bay area airport. Their luggage did not make it there with them. Thankfully it did arrive later in the afternoon, which had all their wedding attire.

On Friday family and out of town guests went for a  DOF (Day of Fun) to Santa Cruz. We had a lovely time at the beach and then at the arcade.
The four Brothers

Sweetie and me at the beach

The happy couple at the arcade.


Saturday was the wedding. It was one of the loveliest weddings I have ever attended! All the readings, songs, prayer and vows were well chosen and very meaningful. The reception was held at a nearby park in one of the larger picnic areas. Lots of shade, catered BBQ, photo booth, yard games, it was fun!
BBQ buffet

Cup cozy favor

photo booth results


Sunday morning was a family brunch and then we headed out for the two day drive home. Again, Stopping in Bakersfield for the night.

I did not take many photographs, I got sidetracked visiting with family. One photograph I should have gotten that I didn't was a photograph of the happy couple with the wedding quilt. So it goes.

Before starting to write my post I spent some time reading blogs that I follow. What a thrill! Quilt Inspirations  posted several posts about the Springville Art Museum's show and one of my pieces was featured in this post!

Tuesday I am headed north to Layton, UT for the Utah Quilt Guild's Quilt Fest! Should be a blast to catch up with old friends and make some new friends.

Linking to:

Lorna

Nicole

Judy

Beth

Emily

Leanne

Nina-Marie

Myra

Sarah

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Your wedding quilt is amazing. Each block is fabulous. Love all the different patterns. I would imagine the happy couple will treasure this beautiful quilt forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wedding quilt is gorgeous!! And what a treat to get to have the whole family together :) Thanks for linking to TGIFF.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful wedding quilt! Congratulations to the happy couple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The wedding quilt is beautiful. So are those puffy white clouds in the deep blue sky over that crystal clear water. Such a happy post! Nice sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's very nice to watch such a beautiful quilt! Thanks for sharing your experiences with us. Your blog is really very inspiring. And so the quilt is really great! Good job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what you think about my post!