Friday, June 11, 2021

On the Road Again!

 I think it is exciting to have a piece of quilt art in a traveling show! I belong to an online group that does a yearly challenge. And then the group of quilts travel together to several shows.  I have been with the group for the last 4 years.  The 2020 collection did not travel since all shows were canceled. So they will travel this year. Our coordinator received a last minute opportunity to display our quilts in a Gallery. She still had possession of the 2020 quilts, but they needed more for the display. She sent out the call for any previous years quilts to expand the collection. I had three quilts available.


Clouds in my Coffee
Sego Lily
20 Circles

I could not find a finished photograph of this piece. I am sure there is one in a very safe place. It was finished with a faced binding. 

Saving Red Knoll
This one is the 2020 piece. The challenge was "community".  My local community came together to save Red Knoll from a frac sand mine proposal.

Here is a link to a video of the show. Video show The exhibit is at the Cultural Activities Center in Temple Texas for the rest of June.

I have two other pieces in traveling shows. And as the previous one, they also were not traveling last year. They are both on display now.

First up is the "Inspired by Elvis" collection which is in Reno for the quilt show this weekend. 

Moonlight Swim



Second up is the "Inspired by Endangered Species" which opens on June 19th at the Forest Preserve District of Will County The entire collection will be there, although spread between 4 of their buildings.
My piece is "Bear Claw Poppy".  Still looking for a photograph of it.


Another Cactus in bloom!

And my pretty photograph for the post.




Linking to:






2 comments:

  1. Thanks SEW much for the show link. What a wonderful show! I do have a question for you. What size do your group's challenge quilts end up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh very cool!! your traveling quilts are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what you think about my post!