Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Passing through Paris

Paris, Idaho

Paris Library

Paris Post

Paris Mormon Tabernacle

New pine cone in Paris
Since I am on vacation with my daughter at the family cabin near Bear Lake, my design wall is a series of photographs.  I am taking as many photos as possible, hoping to come up with an art quilt in the batch.  I am also going to do some sketching in a notebook.  We drove up to the big city of Montpelier, Idaho to go grocery shopping.  We had to pass though Paris.  Paris Idaho that is.  Cute little town on the North end of the lake.  Some lovely historic buildings and a cute little downtown area.  This town was settled by Mormon pioneers, so the Tabernacle is a big attraction.  Up Paris canyon are the Paris Ice Caves.  We did not stop there this time, but it is a fun, free place to take kids.  You never lose sight of daylight, so those scared of underground caves (like me) will find it is a fun place to explore.

This is my Design Wall Monday (posted on Tuesday) post of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what you think about my post!