Friday, August 30, 2013

Can I Draw it?


Made two bowls
 I did get into the sewing room this week.  I made two of my clothesline bowls.  One is a gift and the other is for my Etsy shop.


I can't believe that I ripped both of my favorite pairs of pants in the exact same spot.  And it is a tricky one to repair, right at the seam of the back pockets. I dislike mending so will probably put it off for a while.  But dang, they are my two favorite pairs of pants that I like to wear that aren't sweats.  



My drawing

My original drawing
Inspiration

Last week sweetie and I went on a camping trip for our 33rd Anniversary.  We went to Canyonlands National Park.  It was so beautiful!  I can't believe that I have never been there before!  We did a lot of driving around the two sections of the park.  There was a rock formation that really intrigued me and I didn't have sweetie stop so I could take some photographs.  So I got out my little notepad from my purse and drew a little sketch.  We did happen to drive by that formation again, so this time I made him pull over several times.  What I loved about these three sections is that you can see the strata continue from one formation to the next.  I am into strata right now.  I am trying to draw out my ideas first.  Not my strong point.


This is my off the wall post for the week.  Check out Nina-Marie's blog to see what everyone else is doing.





2 comments:

  1. Beautiful bowls! I'm looking forward to seeing what you end up doing from your sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!

    Love the bowls! Great color. I'm inspired by everything "strata" related too! Even the word! LOL!

    Thanks so much for the comment on my blog, especially the title suggestion for my "grid of photos". I've gotten several great titles and many ideas to mull over before settling on just one.

    Your inspirational photo and sketches from an anniversary trip are wonderful. Like your husband and you, we also enjoy travel instead of gifts of any occasion and are excited that this year we'll be going to Carlsbad Caverns for our 32nd ... coming up soon ... Sept. 12. My attempts at sketching are such that I don't have the courage to post them on-line! LOL! Drawing is very hard for me too.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what you think about my post!