Friday, December 14, 2018

Threads




Lots of threads


I finished the quilting on my Ricky Tims flower quilt. Now for a time consuming job, the tucking of the threads. I had a ton of starts and stops. I like the look of the threads tucked neatly away. Sometimes I do go over a previous stitching line, but I felt for this piece it would look too clumpy. I have spent two sessions tucking, think I have two more to go. Then to trim and bind.

Linking to:

Lorna

Nicole

Emily

Judy

Beth

Kathy

Nina-Marie

Sarah



4 comments:

  1. Wow! Look at all those thread tails! You DO know about the "thread loop" method of burying them, don't you? It makes the work (almost) effortless... and you only have to thread the needle ONCE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I tried to find the "thread loop" method and wasn't successful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Meloney! I think the 'thread loop' method is this: you take a good length of thread, and thread both ends of it through the needle. You are left with a loop. Then you place on of the threads that needs to be buried through the loop and take a stitch like you normally would to bury it. Pull it through, and it buries the thread but you are still left with the loop for the next one to be buried. I hope that makes sense! Happy Happy Wednesday to you. ~smile~ Roseanne

      Delete
  3. Finishing off threads - a necessary evil. Will be so rewarding when complete!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what you think about my post!