Friday, December 7, 2018

Needled




Background quilting in progress
This week has been busy and I didn't get a chance to sit down to sew until yesterday afternoon. I quilted the flower and then started quilting the background. Starting off around the flower. Going along pretty well until I held the threads to one side too tight, it pulled the needle over a bit and as soon as I started to stitch the needle broke. UGH. 
Knot in my thread
 Switched out to a new needle and started to stitch. Halfway through the first line it clumped up and made a noise.  What could that be?  How about a knot in the spool of thread?  UGH yet again. I have never had that happen before. And it is a quality thread, Mettler. Very disappointing. Rethreaded the machine and stitched about 3 lines of quilting. Starting the next line and bam! Broke another needle. Again, I held the thread tail to the side too tightly.  Time to quit for the day. UGH.

Feathered Star
 A month or so ago my local guild offered a class with Claudia on a feathered star design. I had to do it my way. As in more complicated. Instead of just using 2 or 3 fabrics, I used a wide variety for the background. I am still in the audition stage with deciding how I want the feathers to look. Scrappy? or just a light and dark to be consistent. And which way should the feathers aim? Toward the star or toward the background?  It is curing on my design wall.

Linking to:

Lorna

Nicole

Emily

Judy

Beth

Amanda Jean

Nina-Marie

Myra

Lynette

Sarah



5 comments:

  1. I hate when that happens, thread breaking with no good reason. I hope you solve your problem. I love the feathered star. I did one years ago in Christmas fabrics and hang it every year. It was not easy to do, but well worth the effort. Have fun with yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for your quilting thread issues. That is SEW frustrating! I'm impressed with the bold choices you've made on your Feathered Star. It is going to be gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a feathered star UFO. I made one block into a small wall hanging that hangs above the guest bedroom bed. But, I've not gone back to it at all and that must have been 10 years ago. Yikes. Might just need to pull it out again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never encountered knots in my thread and can imagine it's super frustrating! You may have made things more difficult with your feathered star fabric choices...but the colors are gorgeous and I bet it's going to be beautiful when it's done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your feathered star is going to be beautiful! I love those colors! Thread issues are the WORST!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what you think about my post!