Monday, October 13, 2014

Cold Monday

It turned cold all of a sudden yesterday! At least this morning the wind is not blowing. I spent some time in the sewing room, and will go in there again today.

I got this month's sample block made. I am going to make November and Decembers as well. I will hand out the patterns this month. Then next month will be the sashing instructions and in December the border instructions. It has been a fun block of the month, good participation from the group.

My Emerald Pools sample
I always have a "leader" project for when I am chain piecing. I know that Bonnie Hunter is famous for this idea, but I have been doing it for a long time, way before I ever heard of her. Great minds think alike! I love her patterns, she has really taken the scrap quilt to new level. Right now my sample from my class is my leader project. It is on the wall right behind me as I am sewing. So it is easy to grab two squares and sew them together.

More leftovers
I had so much fun sewing the second boat from the leftovers of the first boat! I found some more leftovers which I pinned to the wall. I hope it inspires another art piece.

4 inch blocks
Last week I finished sewing my 4 inch blocks for the swap that is due on Wednesday. I always end up making a couple extra in case. I decided I am going to make prayer flags out of my swap blocks. I tested the idea using my extra blocks.

This is my Design Wall Monday post.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what you think about my post!