Friday, October 3, 2014

October Off the Wall

parts

4 inch blocks

One set done!

It doesn't add up

Fancy pants drawings

UFO

After all of the excitement of the last couple of weeks I need to knuckle down and get some serious work done in the studio. I cannot show my National Parks project. So I will show my 4 inch blocks for the guild swap. I need to make 2 sets of 16 blocks. I have my first set finished. I then cut a bunch of one inch strips to make courthouse step blocks. After getting my sample block halfway sewn I realized that a 1/2 inch grid would not work to make a 4 inch block. So back to the drawing slip.

I got a batch of blocks sewn together. I have had them for 11 years, they are signature blocks from one of my California groups. It was nice to look over all the names and remember the wonderful people I met while we were living there. It still needs the borders added, but will have to wait until after the National Park project is completed.

This is my Off the Wall post for the week.  Come back on Monday the 6th, I have been tagged by Jan to participate in the around the world blog hop!

2 comments:

  1. Like your first bunch of blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those tiny squares in the centre of each block -- wow! What size are they?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what you think about my post!