Friday, November 2, 2012

Finished Photo

Tada!  Finished! 

The Fused back, with a label and sleeve!


A Mariner's Compass!
Quilted.

I am going to put on this black for a binding.

The next project to finish.

As promised, the finished photograph of "Sea Garden".  I am pleased with the way the fused back turned out.  It is now on its way to Arizona to go into the Rim Country Quilters show.  I wish that I could attend the show. Check out this Blog party about finished quilts.

I was drinking the last bottle of Trader and realized that there is a Mariner's Compass on the label!  With a hop flower in the center.  How fun is that?  You never know where you are going to find quilt designs and inspiration.

I  completed the quilting on the mini quilt.  I think that I will just bind it in black since I don't have any of the fabrics.

The next UFO I plan to work on is this birthday table runner.  The pattern is from Pie Plate Patterns.  I had won the kit at one of their retreats. Not sure which year I won it.  I have it pieced, the bow fabric is fused and traced and the batting and backing are cut and ready to go.  Since the Most Beautiful Little Boy in the World has a birthday coming up, I thought I should get it done in time.

This is my off the wall post for this week, check out what everyone else is doing at Nina-Marie's Blog.

7 comments:

  1. I love Sea Garden and your birthday table runner looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sea Garden is really neat. I just love those birds. :D Also love how you quilted the zigzags.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great projects! Thanks for linking up to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors in the Sea Garden! Nice quilting too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never thought of fusing the back - hmmmm - might have to try that sometime - usually I just add a false back with a bit of quilting in it to hold it on. love the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job this week! You have been a busy little bee! I like the way you quilted the chevron quilt. The Sea Garden came out spectacular. Send a photo to Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love! Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what you think about my post!