Saturday, May 26, 2012

Hanging a Quilt Show

Setting up stands.

A good start.

A lot of quilts came in.

It is starting to come together

A lot of long quilts that need to be pinned up off the floor.

We only had one stand tip over, luckily no one got beaned in the head.


Now the show can start!

Down the center.


The other side of the center stands.

The south side.

My Dancing Rings.


Our little town has a festival each year over Memorial weekend.  The Scandinavian Heritage Festival.  This area was settled by Emigrants from Scandinavian countries.  There are booths, an authentic dinner at the college, 5K race, parade, home tour, bread baking contest and of course, a Turkey BBQ lunch.  In conjunction with the Festival, the local guild puts on a quilt show.  I have been helping my friend the last couple of years with hanging the show.  We had an excellent turn out of quilts this year.  I always bring extra quilts for "filler" and we didn't need to use them.  I believe the number of entries is about 65.   It is not a judged show, but we have a viewer's choice award. The show is held at the upstairs of the Ephraim Co-op. The Co-op just won an award for Best Home-based Champion of the year by the US Small Business Association.  Not only did they win the award for Utah, but also for Region VIII which covers 6 states! A full article about this organization and another about the award is featured in this week's Sanpete Messenger.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a lot of really large quilts to hang. Excellent to have the community participation. Your Rings are very striking. Do you have a closeup of it? I'm very partial to green so I would probably choose that kaleidoscope one as my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful show. A lot of quilts and all of them bed size. I don't think I've ever seen wooden stands like that. Your area is prolific!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your Dancing Rings quilt. Gorgeous. Lots of fun quilts this year. Congratulations to the Ephraim Co-op! Can you believe I've never been in the Ephraim Co-op? I need to stop in there the next time I am in town.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the pictures. I have been out of the quilting and art arena for a long time. Your pictures made me realize that I need to go to a quilt show. Wish I was nearby -- I'd come to you! But I am sure I can find one near here. Again -- thanks. Love your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind comments. Good luck getting back on the horse!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what you think about my post!